It’s the first episode of The Merry Writer Podcast for 2022! If you don’t know, The Merry Writer began as a Twitter hashtag game in 2018. Today, it’s a fun, informative podcast about all things creative writing and books.
Join co-hosts Ari Meghlen and Rachel Poli every Wednesday while we ask and answer all the “write” questions.
This week, we’re discussing our writing, reading, and podcasting goals for the new year. Come join the conversation here!…
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. All opinions are honest and my own.The Selection Series: The Selection
by Kiera Cass Genres: Dystopian
, Science Fiction
, Young Adult
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
0062059939 Published by HarperTeen
on March 26, 2013 Pages:
327 Format: Paperback Source:
Barnes & Noble Goodreads Buy on Amazon Also in this series: The Elite
, The One
, The Heir Also by this author: The Elite
, The One
, The Heir
In a couple of months, I’ll be blogging for ten years. I had skipped a few months and probably just about an entire year (not consecutively), though.
There are a few reasons for this:
- I had a content overload – either I didn’t know what to talk about, or I had too much to talk about and didn’t know where to start.
- I had too many ideas – I often found myself changing something about the blog, whether it was a page, content schedule, branding, or the like. Thus, overwhelming myself and getting burnt out.
- Work – I’ve been so busy with work, among other things, that I haven’t had much time to work on my projects, such as this website.
- Mental health sucks – my anxiety and depression have been at an all-time high, and I’m trying to figure it out as best as I can.
- Covid sucks – I don’t think I need to explain this one.
With all that said, I had decided to start completely fresh with this website.…