Author Interview Applications For 2023 Are Currently OPEN
What You Need To Know Before Applying
- Before applying, please read all the guidelines thoroughly.
- I don’t publish author interviews regularly. Dates are first-come, first-serve. Depending on the queue, your interview may take a few months to be published.
- I only assign a publication date after I receive your answers. Please keep in mind I don’t chase people. If I send you questions and I never hear back from you, I don’t have the time to send follow-ups.
- However, life does happen sometimes. If something comes up and you cannot get your answers back to me in a timely manner, that’s okay. Please send me an email, letting me know.
- If you need your interview to go live along with your book launch, please reach out at least three months in advance. I will try to accommodate a flexible date for you, but I can’t make promises.
- Interviews are great for spreading the word about your work, but they’re also meant to give my readers insight into the writing world. Please keep that in mind when answering the interview questions.
- I rarely don’t accept someone’s interview request. Unless I truly disagree with their work or morals, I’ll try to interview everyone who wants to be.
- For instance, I don’t care for the erotica genre. But if an erotica author requests an interview, I’ll gladly feature them.
- Also, it’s good to note that I feature all published and unpublished writers.
If Accepted For An Author Interview
- Once you complete and submit the Google Form, I will email you within two weeks. If you don’t hear back from me within that time, that means your application was unsuccessful at this time. (But again, it’s rare I don’t accept someone.)
- I’ll send you an email with the interview questions and a deadline to send back the answers.
- Remember, I don’t chase people. If you don’t give me the interview within the timeframe, your spot will go to someone else.
- Also, please check your spam folder periodically after submitting the Google Form to ensure you see my response.
- When I receive your interview, I will take it upon myself to proofread it and fix any small errors. If there are many errors, I will leave comments and send them back to you.
- When the interview is scheduled on my blog, I will send you another email with the permalink.
After The Interview Goes Live
- Please spread the word about the interview on your website, email list, and social media channels. It’ll get more eyes on your interview, and I’m sure you’re followers would love to see it among my own audience.
- Please check back periodically to respond to any comments you may receive. It’s your interview, so readers will want to talk to you, not me.
If you’ve read the guidelines above and think you’ll be a good fit to be interviewed, please click the button below. It’ll take you to a Google Form to apply.
FAQs About Author Interviews
Do I have to pay to be interviewed?
No, I don’t accept any payment to feature other writers. Everything is 100% free.
I’m not published. Can I still be interviewed?
As mentioned above, yes. I have multiple sets of interview questions based on whether an author is traditionally published, self-published, or not yet published.
Can I interview you for my blog in return?
Absolutely. On the Google Form, there is a question about whether you’re willing to feature me on your website. (Please note your answer will not affect whether I accept your application or not.)
I have a question that’s not listed here. What do I do?
You can leave a comment below. Chances are, others might have the same question as you. Alternatively, you can contact me directly.