Book Reviews For 2023 Are Currently OPEN
- Before reading these guidelines, please take a look at the book reviews already published on my blog. This is a great way to see my tastes and if you like my review style.
- Per FTC guidelines, I will state clearly how I received a book at the beginning of every review.
- All opinions are my own. I review honestly (but fairly), and my review is final.
- I review all the books I read, including DNF ones. DNF is rare for me, but I will review what I read and not give it a rating. Just because something wasn’t my cup of coffee doesn’t mean other people won’t enjoy it, so I’ll still spotlight it somehow.
- Pitches are welcome from all – self-published authors, indie authors, traditionally published authors, publicists, and traditional publishers, big and small.
- I have the right to decline review requests for any reason. If your pitch interests me, you should hear back from me within two weeks. Please remember to check your spam folder. If not, then please know that your pitch was unsuccessful at this time.
- Book reviews are published on this blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays (with the occasional Saturday).
- If the review is for an ARC and it needs to be uploaded on the launch day, I will be as flexible as possible to accommodate that as long as it doesn’t interfere with other articles already scheduled on my blog at that time.
- Upon accepting your pitch, I will do my best to give you an accurate timeline of when your review will be posted upon receiving the book and anything else I need from you.
- Please keep in mind, depending on my backlog of books, articles, and life in general, books may take a few months to be read and reviewed.
- With that said, if you have an upcoming book release, please submit it to me at least three months in advance so I can do my best to accommodate your launch. (But, unfortunately, I still can’t make any promises.)
Submitting A Book For Review
- I accept books from all types of authors and publishers. Your book must be professionally edited. If I find a few typos in the story, that’s fine. A few slip by – it happens. However, if there are too many errors that it’s difficult to read, I will say so in my review and possibly bring the rating down because of it.
- I accept free copies in MOBI, KPF, PDF, and audiobook files. I am unable to accept paperback and hardcovers at this time.
- I will accept books within the genres I like. Occasionally, I will try something new, but your best chance of getting my attention will be if the book is within a certain genre.
Genres I Accept
- Mystery (all subgenres)
- Fantasy (superheroes)
- Fairy tale retellings
- Short story collections/anthologies
Genres I Do Not Accept
- Topics of excessive violence
- Topics of excessive abuse
- Erotica (or anything with excessive sexual content)
I’m always willing to try something new. If you’re unsure, you’re more than welcome to pitch your book outside of my genre comfort zone, but at your own risk. As long as it is not one within the genres I listed as “do not accept,” I will consider the book for review.
If I Accept Your Book Review Pitch
- I will respond to your form response via email. Please check your spam folder periodically after submitting a pitch to ensure you see my reply. If you do not hear from me within two weeks, then your pitch was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to respond to everyone.
- When I email you, I will ask you for an author headshot, author bio, links, my preferred book format, and anything else you think I might need for the review. If you have a press release or media kit, all the better!
- Please note I don’t chase people. If I reply to your pitch and don’t hear back from you, I will not send a follow-up email. I understand sometimes life gets in the way, but I simply don’t have the time.
After Your Book Review Is Published
- I will share the book review everywhere I can. It’ll be cross-posted on my blog, Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- I’ll email you a permalink of the scheduled review when available. Once it’s live, I expect you to check back periodically and answer any comments you may receive.
- Also, once the review goes live, I ask that you leave a link to the review from my blog somewhere on your blog (or spread the word somehow).
- If applicable, you’re more than welcome to quote my review as long as you leave a direct link to my review on my blog.
Are You Ready To Pitch Your Book?
If you read this book review policy from top to bottom and think I might be a good audience for your work, please click the button below to fill out the Google Form.
Thank you for considering me, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Do You Charge a Fee To Read And Review A Book?
Nope. Submitting your book is completely free. All I ask if a free review copy from you.
What Do You Do With Old Review Copies?
I either keep them or delete them from my Kindle. If I get a physical copy of a book, I will most likely keep it unless I dislike it and know I won’t read it again. Then I’ll donate it.
Do You Also Accept Guest Posts From Authors?
Yes, I do. You can check out my guest post guidelines to learn more.
I Don’t See My Question Listed. What Do I Do?
You can leave your question in the comments below. Chances are, someone else has a similar question. Otherwise, you can contact me here.