Please read this book review policy all the way through and thoroughly before reaching out to me about a book review. Also, please take a look around my website before reaching out. See how I write my reviews, what genres I’m interested in, and read a little bit more about me. The best way to connect with book bloggers is to get to know them.
If it’s obvious that you didn’t read these guidelines, your request may be ignored. I receive many queries and, unfortunately, don’t have the time to reply to everyone. Although, I do try.
- Per FTC guidelines, I will state clearly how I received a book for review at the beginning of every review.
- All opinions are my own. I review honestly, and my review is final.
- I review all the books I read, including DNF ones. DNF is super rare for me, but I will fairly review what I read and not give it a rating. Just because something wasn’t my cup of coffee doesn’t mean other people won’t enjoy it, so I’ll still spotlight it in some way.
- Pitches are welcome from all – self-published authors, indie authors, traditionally published authors, publicists, and traditional publishers big and small.
- I have the right to decline review requests for any reason. I do my best to reply to every inquiry, but sometimes I receive too many requests to keep up with. So if you don’t hear back from me within two weeks, please assume the answer is no.
Schedule and timeline
- Book reviews on published on this blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the occasional Saturday. (Saturdays are reserved for other book-related content.)
- In addition to this blog, book reviews are published on Amazon, Goodreads, and other platforms (if requested and if I’m able). They are also promoted on my social media such as Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Depending on my backlog, reviews can take up to a couple of months to be published. However, I will try to give a tentative timeline if I can.
- With that said, if your book is an ARC or you’re setting up a blog tour, please let me know in your pitch so I can do my best to accommodate the dates if I’m able to accept.
Submitting a book for review
I accept all books no matter where or how they’re published. All I ask is that it’s professionally edited. I don’t like to comment on such errors in reviews, but if there’s a lot and it looks like a first draft, I will mention it. Depending on how difficult it is to read, it may bring the rating down.
I accept free review copies in MOBI, PDF, and paperback. Books I receive are not sold, loaned, or donated. Payment is not accepted for book reviews; everything is free.
Genres I’m most interested in
Below is the list of genres I enjoy the most. If your genre isn’t listed, please look at my book reviews. If you still don’t see any reviews in your genre, you are more than welcome to reach out and ask. I’m always looking to broaden my tastes.
- Mystery (all subgenres)
- Fantasy (superheroes)
- Fairy tale retellings
- Short story collections/anthologies
Finished reading the book review policy?
If you read this book review policy from top to bottom and think I might be a good audience for your work, please fill out the form below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you need help marketing your book?
In addition to reading and reviewing books, I also help indie authors market their books. I aid them in setting up virtual book blog tours, cover reveals, connecting with book bloggers, and create social media graphics for their books.
If you want to look further into my services, you can head over to Spilled Ink Media.
Currently, I do not accept author interviews. However, I’m trying to figure out how to work them back into the blog schedule.
If I could personally buy all the books, trust me, I would. I’m working on a way to add verified Amazon reviews without breaking my own bank and keeping it fair to all requests I accept.