Who we are
Our website address is https://rachelpoliauthor.com.
This policy pertains to this website only – RachelPoliAuthor.com – including any of my social media platforms and my newsletter. This policy does not carry over to any third-party websites, even if I provide the links. (Please read the Third-Party Links Disclaimer below.)
© 2012-2021 Rachel Poli
All content on this website is copyrighted to Rachel Poli. All rights reserved. No part of this website including images and text may be copied or reproduced anywhere without the written consent of the owner and creator, Rachel Poli.
Data collected and used
Interacting with this site will lead to some of your personal data being collected and stored.
Data collected may include
- Name (full name or username)
- Email address
- Country location of users
- Your IP address
- User agent (operating system and web browser type & version)
- A referring URL (how you came to find my blog)
- Posts and pages you visit
- An exit URL (the website you leave my blog on)
- Search terms used to find the website or used on the website
- Links clicked on this website
- Your website URL
- Your WordPress ID (should you interact on this website while logged into WordPress)
- Your social media ID (should you interact on this website through Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Transaction information through Patreon should you choose to become a patron of The Merry Writer Podcast on Patreon.com. This is all done through PayPal and the information includes the monetary amount pledged, your name, email address, the date the transaction was made, and a transaction ID.
Ways your data is collected
- Commenting on any post or page on this website (through your WordPress account or any social media account)
- Akismet (an anti-spam program which is enabled to check for spam comments)
- Contacting me through Google Forms
- Signing up to follow this blog (this will store your WordPress ID and/or email address. You will receive automatic emails from WordPress.com whenever a new post is released on this website. You are free to cancel these emails as well as unfollow the blog at any time.)
- Signing up for my newsletter through Mailchimp (this includes your name, email address, and [optional] website URL)
- Pledging to The Merry Writer Podcast (through Patreon.com)
- Analytical information from WordPress.com’s general stats (country location of the user, search terms, posts/pages most viewed, etc.)
- Cookies (more information on Cookies below)
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How your data is used
I will use your data in a few ways
- Responding to ways you’ve communicated with me (through comments on this website or emails sent through the Google contact forms.)
- Sending you newsletters to your email address through MailChimp (Please note: you only get on my mailing list if you subscribe and provide me with your information. You are free to unsubscribe to these emails easily and at any time.)
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the right to know what personal data is collected and are free to reach out to me for the following:
- Access – You may reach out to me and request to know which personal data I have collected from you. Please note: I may need additional information from you should you request this. Your personal information collected from this website should be confidential between me (the owner of this site) and yourself. I do not want to send this information to the wrong person.
- Corrections – Please reach out to me if any of your information is incomplete or inaccurate so that I can correct it.
- Protection of Minors – Parents and guardians are free to reach out if they feel their children under the age of 16 have had their personal data stored and do not want it to be. Please see below for more information.
Data protection of minors
This website is free to be viewed and is safe for all ages including minors (children under the age of 16). It is not my intent to collect personal data from minors. If personal data is collected from minors, there should be consent from a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians are free to contact me to request the removal of this personal data.
A data breach is an unauthorized access to confidential information or personal data. It compromises the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of that information. This means your personal data may be in jeopardy through the fault of internet glitches, hacking, viruses, etc.
Should this incident ever occur, I will reach out to you via email within 48 hours of discovering the issue with details on what you should do to protect your information and we’ll work together to ensure it does not happen again.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Please note: this website requires cookies to be enabled in order to function properly. For more information about cookies and their usage, please click here.
This website includes links to third-party websites. By clicking on these links you may be allowing third-party websites to collect data about you. I am not responsible for any third-party websites or information they collect from you. You are responsible for reading their privacy policies once you leave my website.
I only link to third-party websites that I have personally used, found helpful, and have deemed safe to share. Click on these links at your own risk.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website has a mailing list through MailChimp. Subscription to this list is completely optional and free. Should you choose to sign up, you will provide me with your name, email address, and (optional) website URL. This information will be strictly used to send you a monthly email and will not be shared with anyone.
Entering competitions and giveaways
Any competitions or giveaways held on this blog will require participating users to provide their names and email address in order to enter. By entering, you are consenting to be contacted via the email you have provided. Winners may be required to provide a snail mail address should the prize for a giveaway be a physical item.
All information provided to me when entering a competition or giveaway will be held by me in confidentiality until a valid winner is chosen and has accepted the prize. After that, all information provided by all entrants will be deleted.
Payment is collected through this website. Any payment collected is used to go back into this blog. It’s what helps keep the website up and running to make the website better as well as provide more content. Money is collected in a few different ways.
- WordAds – advertisements on the blog (see below for more information)
- Affiliate Links (see below for more information)
I offer various freelance services through my business, Spilled Ink Media. Should you reach out to me for these services, personal data will be collected such as your email address among other information depending on what you provide to me and what services you are looking to hire me for.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easier for creators to get paid. I accept pledges through Patreon for The Merry Writer Podcast. All pledges made through Patreon go to my PayPal.
This website uses WordAds. WordAds is an advertising optimization platform for WordPress sites. WordAds automatically places advertisements on my blog and allows me to earn a small revenue from these advertisements based on the number of visitors to this website.
Affiliate links and usage
This website contains affiliate links. This means should you buy something through these links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Any posts that contain affiliate links will be stated at the beginning of the post. I do not link to anything I have not personally used or liked.
Affiliates of this website
Please note: I am not responsible for any data collected through these affiliate links once you leave my website.